REFEREED JOURNAL PAPERS
- Nikoofal, M. E. and M. Gumus, (2018) Supply Diagnostic Incentives under Endogenous Information Asymmetry. Forthcoming, Production and Operations Management.
- Nikoofal, M. E. and M. Gumus, (2018) Quality at the Source or Quality at the End? Managing Supplier’s Quality under Information Asymmetry. Published Online: April 27, 2018 Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM).
- Nikoofal, M. E. and Zhuang, J., (2015) On the Value of Secrecy and Exposure of Defense System: First-Mover Advantage vs. Robustness, 246 (1), 320 – 330, European Journal of Operational Research.
- Finalist at INFORMS Decision Analysis Society (DAS) 2013, Best Student Paper Award (among 6 finalists out of 34)
- Nikoofal, M. E. and M. Gumus, (2015) On the Value of Terrorist’s Private Information in Government’s Defensive Resource Allocation Problem, 47, 1 – 23, IIE Transactions.
- Winner of GERAD (Group for Research in Decision Analysis) Doctoral Student Award
- Featured Article in IE (Industrial Engineer) Magazine, May 2015, Volume 47, Number 5
- Finalist in Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS) 2012, Best Student Paper Award (Among 4 papers accepted)
- Media coverage: “Spending defence budgets the wrong way risks major damage from terrorist attacks”, URL: http://www.sourcewire.com/news/85616/spendingdefence-budgets-the-wrong-way-risks-major-damage-from#.VMvkKl6fKVp
- Nikoofal, M. E. and Zhuang, J. (2012), Robust Allocation of a Defensive Budget Considering an Attacker’s Private Information, 32 (5): 930 – 943, Risk Analysis.
- Nikoofal, M. E. and Sadjadi, S. J. (2010), A robust optimization model for p-median problem with uncertain edge lengths. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 50 (1-4), 391 – 397.
- Nikoofal, M. E. and Moattar Husseini, S. M. (2010), An inventory model with dependent returns and disposal cost, International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 1 (1), 45 – 54.